Can you provide a full example?Last Updated: July 19, 2018
Sure! Let's make a few fake assumptions. Example Cycling Studio (that's you!):
- holds 3 classes on a Saturday. One at 9:00 AM, one at 10:15 AM, and one at 11:30 AM.
- has a 6 hour late cancelation window configured in MINDBODY.
- wants to penalize no shows with a $15 fee, and late cancels with a $5 fee.
- wants penalties to process at 3:00 PM every day.
- can't easily fill class spots within 15 minutes of class time, so they choose to count anyone late canceling within 15 minutes of class time as a no show. Yes, you can do this with our software! This feature is powerful but optional!
- understands clients sometimes can't avoid being late and wants to waive the first penalty a client incurs in any 60 day period. This feature is powerful but optional!
Remember that this is just an example. We will be able to configure your account to match your studio's cancelation policies & windows!
Onto the example:
- Friday night (the night before) we scan Example Cycling Studio's classes and find three classes on Saturday. Any class created AFTER this initial scan will be ignored by our software.
- 15 minutes before each class begins, at 8:45 AM, 10:00 AM, and 11:15 AM, we scan again and lock in late cancels. Anyone canceling after this time period is considered a no show!
- One hour after each class begins, at 10:00 AM, 11:15 AM, and 12:30 PM, we perform a final scan. Anyone not checked in will be considered a no show.
- On Sunday morning around 2:00 AM, we email a preliminary report to Example Cycling Studio's owner. She reviews the report and can make any adjustments as necessary - signing clients in she wants to forgive, for example.
13 hours later, at 3:00 PM, we process penalties. This time is configurable and can be anywhere between 3:00 AM and 11:00 PM. Any first time penalties within a rolling 60 days will be automatically forgiven. Anyone still marked as a no show (or considered in our system as a no show because they canceled within 15 minutes of class start) will be charged $15. Anyone marked as a late cancel will be charged $5.
A final report will be emailed at midnight outlining the charges that were processed.